Sunday, March 28, 2010

Day 18

So, while not the full-force gale that I expected to create - damn you march madness! - I did manage to get a decent amount of stuff finished yesterday and all signs point to today being equally as productive. Yesterday I was working on trying to get ways to drive traffic to my website and that is one of the things I worked on. I am a big fan of SEO and organic search rankings so I worked on building good backlinks with anchor text and there are a great number of methods for that. From writing articles and submitting to directories (excellent choice and these can rank for keywords too!) to posting blog comments. I'd say I get a lot of people asking me how to get comments with good anchor text without looking like spam but no one asks me much of anything. There are many ways to do it but commenting on blogs with KeywordLuv is a good first step. Simply google search "Enter YourName@YourKeywords" and that will bring up blogs and posts that you can comment on and benefit.

Today I am having the itch to revisit a great project that has not gotten the love it deserves but is ranking well (2 on yahoo) for an extremely good keyword that get's about 7000 searches a month and I could probably rank #1 in google for with a good amount of hard work. It was an earlier attempt at SEO and I never got back to it but looking at it now it's not very appealing and the traffic being sent is mostly being wasted because the site is not as good as it could be. As long as I am working towards something, that's the point.

No comments:

Post a Comment